Monday, November 9, 2015

High Heels....

At one point or another in a girl's life, fashion plays a part. It could be when you are just 5 years old, when you are 16, or when you are 30 and older, but fashion always comes into play.
When I was 5 years old, my mother was a public figure in politics, and I loved watching her get ready for work. Those high heels..... I would put hers on when she was not around. I never knew how but she figured out that I wore her heels, or someone told her. All I know is that she asked one of the maids in the house to take me to buy me some. Ooh..... I loved them! My very first heels!!! She used to call them "pandoritas".... Navy blue, leather and wooden heels.
The only problem? I was kind of a tomboy... I owned some dolls but I did not play with them. I loved roller-skating, riding my bike, anything that had to do with running and I was fast! I was popular with the boys in the neighborhood when they played Dodgeball because I would never get caught. I was stuck running in little dresses because my mom and my three sisters dressed me like a girly girl, but I got over my pandoritas (and my mom's!) pretty much as soon as I got them. The high heels thrill was gone up until 10 years ago!
We girls love shoes! Are we born that way? Um.... Probably!  

Walking in heels for a girl is as natural as fixing a flat for a guy... You just know how to! 
It does not matter who you are or what you love to do, the girly part of you will always come back to those heels!


No comments:

Post a Comment